October 6, 2008

My Sagada misadventure

I was about to go to Sagada in Mountain Province to spend my weekend there. Everything were set. My holiday, my itenerary, my long journey and the adventure ahead, I was so excited.

The Swans and the Lake

Aboard Victory Liner at around 7 in the morning Saturday (October 4), I patiently waited for the bus to arrive in Baguio and looking forward for another 6 hours travel from there to Sagada. Prior to these, I've constantly visited alot of travel blogs about Sagada and the route to go there from Baguio City. As per what I;ve read, I would need to reach Baguio City at before 1pm the latest and get a Lizardo Bus which will leave to Sagada at 1pm.

City among the Mountains

At around 12:40pm which I was very happy because, usually Victory Liner arrives in Baguio few minutes late but this time, the travel was smooth and fast. I took a cab to Dangwa and asked the driver to take me there as fast as he could so I could catch the bus before it leaves. He did what I said so I gave him a little tip for doing a great job! To my disappointment, no more bus will leave to Sagada that day until the following morning which is Sunday. The last bust already left at 10am. The travel blog I've read may have not updated the information. I was so furious!

I cannot leave Baguio to Sagada on a Sunday because if that's the case, I won't be able to attend a company gathering on Monday afternoon as planned. Due to tight schedule, though there is still hope to get to Sagada the following morning, I didn't push it anymore. I just stayed in Baguio with, embarassed and frustrated.

I immediately changed plan and got a hotel room to stay. Good thing, I know my way to Baguio for an affordable yet comfortable accomodation. I checked in at around 2:30pm. I just laid myself on the bed to rest my tired body for a moment and lingered my changed itenerary over my head. At around 3:00pm, guess what? It rained!

Baguio City Cathedral

It actually didn't just rained, it poured! "What a weekend!", I just murmured! Instead of taking a cab again to go somewhere else, I just stayed in the hotel and got myself for a late lunch! I just spent it rest of Saturday sleeping. I travelled this long just to sleep? I need a life, c'mon! The rain didn't stop until around 2:00 in the morning on Sunday.

The next morning, I woke up at around 7:00. I took a quick breakfast over the cafe down at the hotel lobby and got myself to go. I decided not to go too far for I needed to check out at 12:00 nn for Manila so I could have time to still sleep before going to work. I strolled the very famous Burnham Park, the Baguio City Market, Session Rd for the ukay-ukay and that's it, nothing Special!

Burnham Landmarks

I came back to the hotel at 11:00 in the morning to get a nice bath and fixed myself to leave. With a bagful of Baguio-identified products, I took a cab and headed to the bus station again! Nice weekend? Yeah right!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kawawa ka naman... he he he. anyway, that's life. you don't always get what you expected. :-) pero atlest you still visited our place. thanks a lot!

Joaquin said...

You should have known! Baguio to Sagada by bus can be up to 7 hours long. Sagada is really a small place, so there is hardly anything going on, once dark. It is best to arrive there during the day light, if for nothing else, just to orient yourself.

Hope you try again. I was set to go there this year for Xmas, as was the tradition for the past 2 years. I failed to book early enough, and missed my opportunity this year. Kawawa me.

FEATURED PHOTO

FEATURED PHOTO
The Bloom - Photo by Deborah Sangre Baisa Rulona

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All articles and photos in this blog are protected under the Philippines' Republic Act No. 8293 (An act prescribing the Intellectual Property Code).

Please respect the rights of the owner(s) if you need to use any of the photos or articles by asking due permission.