June 1, 2008

A prayer and a flower for the cyclone hit Burma


It was Friday, May 30, 2008, I just got in the office sweating and rushing to avoid being late, I received a spam email from one of my staff. After so many times of informing him that corporate emails shoul donly be used for business purposes, I received another one.

I was pretty frustrated receiving this email without a subject again from the same person. When I opened it, I was warned by this opening message "I'm forwarding this, but please do not open if you can't handle the graphics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After the message were series of pictures that shocked me.


I've heard about this in the news yet I didn't pay attention to it. I felt like I have a lot of problems already to take care of and I don't need anymore additions. I never thought that the tragedy was this devastating.

BBC News Asia-Pacific in its world news report online which came out on May 22 mentioned that "About 78,000 people have died and another 56,000 are missing." I felt really bad about what happened. My anger for the person who sent me this email faded and sent him a reply saying my thank you.


I kept still and silent for a moment, offered my prayer to the victims and their loved ones and thank God for all the blessings that He has given me. I just thought that there are so many things which I forgot to thank Him for. There are so many people who lost their lives in that tragedy and I'm so fortunate that all of us in my family are safe.

I encourage everyone who have read and is currently reading this article to please offer your prayers to Burma for them to survive this tragedy and rebuild their lives as a nation. We can all do our own small ways to make it a reality.

PHOTOS FROM: malaysianindian1.blogspot.com

Flowers for the cyclone hit Burma

CURRENT RESPONDENTS on FLICKR:

No comments:

FEATURED PHOTO

FEATURED PHOTO
The Bloom - Photo by Deborah Sangre Baisa Rulona

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All articles and photos in this blog are protected under the Philippines' Republic Act No. 8293 (An act prescribing the Intellectual Property Code).

Please respect the rights of the owner(s) if you need to use any of the photos or articles by asking due permission.